ford w. harmoN
Ford graduated with honors from SMU Dedman School of Law where he was a Dean's Scholarship recipient. While in law school, he served as a Chief Student Attorney of the Small Business and Trademark Clinic, served as a Board Member of the SMU Media Company, completed a federal judicial externship in the bankruptcy court of the Honorable Harlin D. Hale in the Northern District of Texas, participated in the SMU-in-Oxford program at University College in Oxford, England, and was a regular member of the Dean's List.
Prior to law school, Ford attended LSU on a full academic scholarship as a National Scholars Award Recipient. At LSU, he obtained a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurial Management.
Outside of work, Ford is actively involved in an array of both professional and non-professional organizations and has taken on a variety of roles within the Dallas community and beyond. Below are some of the ways Ford is involved:
- Vice Chair, Corporate Counsel Committee of the American Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division;
- Committee Member, The Accord Project, Intellectual Property Law Working Group;
- Board Trustee, The Writer's Garret - a nonprofit literary center in Dallas;
- Member, the Texas Bar College (an organization that recognizes attorneys who go above and beyond the annual continuing legal education requirements set by the Texas Bar);
- Volunteer Attorney, Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts;
- Co-chair, Lawyers Against Domestic Violence Committee, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Co-chair, Aid to the Homeless Committee, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers;
- Volunteer, Genesis HeROs (he who respects others) Program, which works to help the women and children of the Genesis Women's Shelter;
- Board Trustee, SMU Media Company (2016 - 2017).
(214) 702 - 9862 ext. 702
SMU Dedman School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
B.S., Business Administration with a Concentration In Entrepreneurial Management